About Me

Austin, TX, United States
rubigirl photography was created out of my desire to capture special moments for my friends and family. i found so much pleasure in it that i decided to make a career out of it. i shoot in a photo journalist style as i love candid shots and feel it is the best way to capture a moment. the name rubigirl photography was born out of my love for my dog rubi. when she looks at you with her big amber eyes you know that you are the most important person in her life at that moment. i feel the same way when capturing a special event or time in a person's life, you are the most important person in my life at that moment. if you would like to contact me for information you can email me at RubigirlPhotography@gmail.com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

a much needed vacation

my husband, travis, and i haven't taken a real vacation in years, six to be exact. after being parents for 17 month we decided it was time and we set off for albuquerque nm for the balloon fiesta...alone. no baby, no worries. five days of blissful one-on-one time. don't get me wrong, by tuesday we were both very eager to see payton and knew it was time to come home.

while in new mexico we saw the balloon fiesta, of course, took in taos, santa fe and went up to the top of sandia peak via cable tram. amazing all. i've posted a lot of photos so prepare yourself.







i took this one while laying on my back and though it was way too cool to rotate.










this is the day we spent in taos and santa fe










san fransico de asis church. painted by such greats as gorgia okeefe and photographed by the likes of ansel adams








santa fe sunset


our trip up sandia peak


















this is my uncles house, where we stayed. i love the contrast between the traditional round adobe shapes paired with the strait lines and colorful texture of the rest of the house








our last day spent in old town albuquerque










4 comments:

Unknown said...

your landscape shots are gorgeous - and very neat to see since most of your work is portraits/people!

ps-your uncles house looks super cool!

Gandalf said...

Beautiful pics .. I loved the first one too. It creates very good effect of the roof hovering over the subject ...

Samantha Rose said...

I love how you put both Black and white photo's up with Colored ones. It helps make them look more dramatic and show off the different views you can get from them. Personally 2031 and 2107 are my favorites! :]
-Samantha

Unknown said...

some very cool photos in this album- the Taos/Sante Fe landscape shots are amazing, as well as the cable car/trolley photos- even some of the pueblo photos are great & I don't even like the southwestern style very much- some of these should be blown up, framed, and sold!